Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

Turkey Stew

What to do with our turkey leftovers as we are getting pretty sick of turkey these days? Our answer: turkey stew.

First, we made a turkey broth by placing any turkey meats still attached to bone in a slow cooker and pretty much cooked it all day. Once the stock was ready, I strained out all the bones and meats so it was just soup in the pot. It was delicious and definitely tasted like turkey. I don't know why, but I guess I assumed all stock soups taste the same. 

Then, I separated all the turkey meat from the bones and threw the meat pieces back into the pot. I also added more turkey pieces (now all we have left are the two drumsticks), chopped onions and chopped carrots. (I would've added chopped celery but we didn't have any on hand and le hubby doesn't like'em).

Just cook in slow cooker until everything is soft and delicious. Serve with rice or pasta if not on a keto diet. Topped with spinach. It was mm-mmm good, especially on a cold night!


No comments: