Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Coconut Flour Biscuits

Le hubby was getting tired of the same old keto friendly foodies that I'd make for him to munch on, which was pretty much coconut bread and more recently the time-consuming custard. I felt bad for him so I surfed the net until I found something that had the potential to be delicious yet keto friendly. They are Coconut Flour Cheddar Drop Biscuits! Only, I made a couple of substitutions so it's more like Monterrey Jack Biscuits. heh.

All you need are 4 eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp Penzey's Bouquet Garni (or onion powder if following the original recipe), 1/3 cup coconut flour with 1/4 tsp baking powder and 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese. Yields 8 small biscuits.

Mix the melted butter/salt/spice with the scrambled eggs.

Stir in the coconut flour and baking soda mixture into the egg mixture. (If it looks kind of dry, feel free to add in 1 tbs of water).

Then, fold in the cheese.

Looks like dough.

I placed our biscuit dough in a muffin pan instead of dropping them on a cookie sheet. You want to spray or oil down any tin you are using really well...

Bake in preheated oven of 400°F for 15-20 minutes. When I first bit into the biscuit, it totally tasted like breakfast sausages. I think it was because I subbed the onion powder with the penzey's bouquet garni spice. It was kind of interesting at first, but easily grows on you. It was definitely a savory biscuit and le hubby enjoyed them! 


No comments: