Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tuna Salad

It's been oddly really hot the past two days so I've decided to make a cold dish my family loves to eat. Tuna macaroni salad!
The above ingredients are the basic stuff to add to the macaronis: chopped carrots, celery, onions, eggs and tuna! The ratio I usually use is 1:1:0.5 of carrots, celery and onion. I boiled lots of eggs and just add them as I  deem appropriate. (The leftover boiled eggs, I bring to work). And I used 2 cans of tuna. If you are a serious tuna lover, you might want to use 3 cans of tuna. 

In this case, I also added imitation crab meat for a bit of sweetness! Mix. Then add mayo. To each his own. My sister doesn't really like mayo so when she is home, I don't add much. My dad loves mayo! But I try to keep him in good health so I don't add as much as he would prefer, but enough that he still loves the dish and would go back for seconds and thirds.

Tonight, my boyfriend seared and baked top sirloin and we added this to our meal. It was soooooooooo fantastically delicious!!!

No comments: