Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Easy Meatloaf

The hubster and I went on a cruise to celebrate my birthday! That meant making something for pops to eat while we were gone. Of course his request was for meatloaf. The last time I made an Alton Brown meatloaf, but this time I wanted to try a different recipe. I decided to try Easy Meatloaf with a few minor changes from the original recipe. 

Ingredients1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used roughly half ground beef and half costco meatballs)
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp smoked paprika powder
2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I used Safeway's coarse ground mustard)
1/3 cup ketchup
Just a little over 1 1/2 lbs of meat

1. Saute the onions with butter in a pan until just barely translucent. Lightly salt. 
2. In a food processor, have the costco meatballs chopped up (Do NOT puree).
3. Mix meatballs with ground beef.
4. Add the cooked onions, egg, milk, bread crumbs, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt and pepper.
5. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.

Stuff into a well-oiled/buttered loaf pan, then flip onto a cookie sheet. 
(Foiled cookie sheet for easy cleanup afterwards).

Mix ketchup and mustard together, then cover your meatloaf with the mixture. 
Bake in preheated oven of 350°F for an hour.

I took a little nibble from a corner and I have to say, it turned out pretty tasty! Even the ketchup and coarse mustard was very flavorful.

No comments: