Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pancakes

Le hubby and I were craving pancakes since we don't make it all that often. A simple search and I found two recipes I wanted to try. The first pic was a recipe for tall and fluffy pancakes and the second pic was for a delicious old fashioned pancakes.
These pancakes were visually appealing and tasted quite yummy. It was definitely very fluffy and airy but fulfilling! Hubby topped his pancakes (or rather I topped his pancakes) with strawberry jam, sliced bananas and frozen blueberries. I should mention though, we did get a slight stomach ache a few hours later and I think it had to do with the milk and vinegar combo.... Maybe I'll try lemon juice instead of the vinegar?...

Another delicious tasting pancakes with no tummy aches later. Can't go wrong with such a simple recipe. I also believe it's the same ingredients in Chef John's recipe. This time I added blueberries IN the pancake batter. I'm pretty sure blueberry pancakes are my fav! This one is topped with sliced bananas, whipped cream, walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mm-mmm yummy!!


No comments: