Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pineapple Butter / Pineapple Sauce

So, after making persimmon butter and pear butter successfully, le hubby had the amazing idea of taking any fruit and turning it into "butter." In the grocery store, he pointed out to plums, blueberries, then pineapples. I said no to the plums and blueberries because the butter would be more like a sauce or a jam. But, when he pointed out the pineapples, I said, "Hrm, sure. That just could work." So we grabbed a couple of pineapples and when we went home, I looked up a recipe. I used this one as a guideline: Pineapple Butter with Cardamom and Vanilla.
Ingredients that I used: 2 lbs freshly chopped pineapples, 2 cups chopped pears, 3 tbs lemon juice, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup water, and 2 tbs brown sugar (not shown).

Place all ingredients into a pot and cook until the fruits are soft.

All soft!

Took a hand blender and pureed it. It's pineapple-sauce!!

Cook a little longer....

Looks pretty thick. Pretty sure it's pineapple butter! :)

And canned! Twas mm-mmmm goood! And the taste is very exotic and tropical-like! Totally reminds me of hawaii. 

No comments: