Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

Dill & Cucumber Yogurt Dip

I bought this deliciousness from Costco out of curiosity. It's Skotidakis' Dill & Cucumber Yogurt Dip. And boy did it make my day. It was amazingly yummy! Tangy with a touch of sweetness. It was just pure goodness! I ate it with saltine crackers, sliced salami, by itself, on scones, as a chips dip, and lots more!! Once I finished it, I was kind of sad. Then I looked over it's ingredients and it easily looked like it could be replicated. The ingredients list was just greek yogurt, dill pickles, garlic, canola oil, dill, salt and sugar. So, I looked up some recipes and came upon this Dill Pickle Dip recipe, which used almost the exact ingredients.

Here's what I used:

8 oz greek yogurt
1/3 cups minced dill pickles 
(I used my mini food processor - it was a snap!)
1 teaspoon dried dill weed 
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I just mixed everything together in a small container. 
Man, was it ridiculously similar to Costso's Skotidakis' yogurt. And I'm back to being happy again. It really is tasty, especially if you are a tangy yogurt lover and/or pickle lover. It's AH-Mazing!!!

4 comments:

Anna Rose said...

Thank you so much for this recipe! I wanted to recreate the Skotidakis' Dill & Cucumber Yogurt Dip, so I typed all the ingredients in Google and your page came up. I followed your recipe exactly and was told that it was better than the original. :D

Spirited said...

It makes me happy to know this recipe was successfully replicated. I'm glad you and your guests loved it!

Karishma said...

Any clues on how to incorporate the cucumber?

Spirited said...

The cucumber part is pretty much the dill spears, which I believe is pickled cucumbers. Perhaps, if you puree the cucumbers and stir it with the yogurt and then let it sit awhile, the cucumber flavor will blend with the yogurt, it could work. This is just a suggestion as I've never tried it this way before.