Translate

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Apple Crisp

Time for an apple crisp! I made it similarly to the Persimmon Apple Crisp and Pear Crisp. So easy!
I used 5 apples. 2 reds, 2 greens and 1 yellow.

The apples are all chopped and added to a pan with a 1/4 cup of butter.

Added a bunch of sugar and spice. More specifically, 2 tbs sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves, and a generous pinch of salt.

Here, the apples are almost done. In a small bowl, I mixed about a 1 tsp of cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and poured it into the liquids and stirred it all up.

For the crisp part on top, I totally cheated. Buahahaha. :o) I had hubby squash 3 of the oats n honey bars. See, it's easy!

Apples are all cooked and deliciously soft. Note, you should taste test your apples every now and then. I didn't want my apple crisp overly sweet so the 2 tbs were just fine for me.

Place the cooked apples in a pie dish. Add the crumbled oats bar on top. Baked in preheated oven of 375 F for 10 minutes just to brown the top.

Ta-da! 





PS: pics were taken from my phone so not the usual quality...

No comments: