Translate

Monday, August 11, 2014

DIY Chili Oil

I've been growing and drying lots of chilis just because my plant refuses to die. And finally, I got around to making chili oil. I used this website as a guideline: Homemade Chili Oil.

But this is what I ended up using:
1 3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbs sesame oil
a crapton of dried chilis, chopped
Pretty much just throw everything in a pot and heat it up on low heat til it bubbles.

Then pour in a container. Hubby wanted the chili flakes in there so I poured those in as well.

It was still bubbling a lil bit so I took a pic, but it's hard to see here...

Chili flakes falling down.

Hubby said not to put in the seeds part because they're hard to eat...

All canned up!
Awhile later, the chili flakes fell to the bottom. Hopefully, it's as spicy as hubby likes it.

No comments: