Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Meatloaf

I've been meaning to make meatloaf for pops since he asked for it awhile ago. And since we have a lot of leftover meats, I figured I ought to just make it. We had leftover ground beef and old costco meatballs (though I'm sure it'd never go bad while it's in the freezer... heh) and a new ground turkey package that's been sitting in the freezer for a while now and I just bought bacon..... so here's what I used for my meatloaf:

9 oz ground beef, 10 oz costco meatballs (or 16 meatballs), 15 oz ground turkey, 2 celery stalks, minced, 1/2 large white onion, minced, 1/2 oz sun dried tomatoes, minced, 4 oz bread crumbs, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp chili powder, 3 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp curry powder and 1 egg. I forgot about the bacon :(

Sauce: 1 3/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbs sugar

Pretty much just mix them all in a mixer and then add the egg last. Then place it in a meatloaf pan that's been sprayed with PAM. Then flip it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven of 350°F for 1 hr and 15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155°F.

The sauce mixture is applied to the meatloaf once it's been baking for 15 minutes. I use about half the sauce mixture and save the rest for when it's served. It's super delicious!


No comments: