Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

Scones

Scones! I always thought I didn't like scones until I tried this mix. I've had scones a few times, once in DC and a couple of other times at a place called Bricks and Scones in Cali. These two places served scones that were fluffy but a wee bit dry. And since these places are real, I thought scones were supposed to be like that. Then, my Aunt K gave me a Fisher Original Fair Scone & Shortcake Mix and boy did that change what I thought about scones. And it's so easy, all you do is add water!

the mix... it was about 3 1/2 cups of mix.

directions called for 3/4 cup + 2 tbs water.

added water to the flour and mixed to form slightly sticky dough.

kneaded dough 5-6 times on a generously floured board, folding dough in half on top of itself each time. then divided into three pieces. each piece was made into a 5 inch diameter dome, with the center slightly higher than the outside edge.

each of the three pieces were then quartered and placed on an ungreased baking sheet. baked in preheated oven of 425°F for 12 minutes.

end result wasn't quite golden. next time, i'll place the rack in the oven one tier higher from the middle rack.

It was so tasty! And totally like a biscuit!! Smelled like a biscuit mix as I was making it too!! A yummy delicious biscuit with a light crisp-ness on the outside and warm chewy goodness on the inside. Definitely very bready in the most absolutely divine way with butter and peach jam. Mmm-mmmmmmmmm!!!





No comments: