Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Pasta Salad with Baby Greens

I had this recipe bookmarked (about a month ago) bc it just looked absolutely tasty and gorgeous. And since I finally bought baby spinach, I just had to make it!

I doubled the recipe with slight modifications and used the following:
10 oz uncooked pasta, cooked
10 oz shredded chicken
5 oz baby spinach
1 oz baby arugula
1 cup sliced roma tomatoes
4 tsp capers
a generous pinch of kosher salt
4 tbs olive oil
3 tbs balsamic vinegar

First, I cooked the pasta according to its directions. The picture below was the end result.

Then I weighed out the shredded chicken, the spinach (L) and the arugula (R). (The bowl of shredded chicken was from a Costco chicken, which I had shredded earlier in the day. And the arugula was picked from my lil growbox garden.)

Next, I chopped up about 3 roma tomatoes (roughly 1 cup), which were homegrown and given to us by the Shis. I also measured out the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl to whisk up later.

Then, in a big pot (didn't have a large enough bowl) mix the pasta, chicken, spinach, arugula and tomatoes together. I drizzled in some extra olive oil to help the mixing process. Don't forget to add in the capers and the kosher salt and pepper if you so desire. It should look something like the below picture: 

And then whisk the little bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour however much you like into your pasta salad! It's quite light but still somewhat hearty and definitely full of flavor. Yum!
The pops and I had two bowls each! 
Om nom nom nom nom.
:D



No comments: