Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pasta Casserole

I got tired of making baked goods because I found I had nothing substantial to eat when lunch time came. So I made an easy peasy pasta casserole.

I used 6oz uncooked pasta (not shown), 1/2 cup ricotta, 2 oz pepperoni, 3oz baby spinach, 8 oz spaghetti sauce (not shown) and 4 oz Monterrey jack cheese.

1. Cook the pasta according to directions. In the meantime, roughly chop up the spinach and pepperoni.
2. Once the pasta is cooked, place in a 6 cups casserole dish. Mix in the ricotta cheese, then pepperoni, then spinach and then the spaghetti sauce.

3. Then top with Monterrey jack cheese. (Shredded works fine too, but I didn't feel like washing an entire food processor for only 4 oz of cheese.)

4. Pop it in the a preheated oven of 350°F for 20 minutes. 

It was pretty yummy and super quick to make. I love how the pasta holds onto the other foods making every bite delicious! I would add more sauce and cheese next time because I love my pasta drenched in sauce and cheese. 

No comments: