Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2012

4 layer bday cake

For my birthday this year, I had a hunkering to make my very own 4 layer cake with strawberries, blueberries and mangoes for the layers in between the cakes. And I baked two cake mixes from a box into two 9"x11" pans. This is how it turned out...
the yellow stuff is custard we made from the leftover egg yolks 
(the cake mixes only required the eggwhites)
ideally, i should've just stopped here, but i really wanted four layers!
the strawberries started to spill out from all the weight...
i tried to make white cake frosting... maybe should've just stuck with a chocolate ganache?

Anyways, we weren't done here. We actually somehow got my cake into a square pot and we squished it down. Then, we placed it into the oven to cook some more. It ended up more of a cake crumble with fruits in it somewhere...

Happy Birthday to ME! :D
We also bought ice cream too!!



No comments: