Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Persimmon Pie

We had so many persimmons from our tree, I decided to make a persimmon pie instead of a pumpkin pie this year. Here's how I made the crust.
I baked it in our toaster....
Turned out wonderfully :)
I ended up using about 4 persimmons... I peeled'em, quartered'em, and microwaved'em in a bowl with water until it was super hot and squishy... about 5 minutes, then add to food processor
Add to food processor too. That's 1 tsp pumpkin spice, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 2 eggs, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream w/ 1/2 cup of 2% milk and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
Puree!
Pour into cooked crust! Then bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until you can place a toothpick in the center and it pulls out clean.
This picture was taken right after I pulled it out the oven. Once it cools, it'll settle down and look exactly like a store bought pie, no joke!

This pie was a bit sweet since unlike pumpkin, it doesn't need that much sugar. Persimmons are already sweet. Next time, I'll add even less sugar.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Always wanted to try that!

Spirited said...

It is definitely a must try! I had been wanting to make a persimmon pie but didn't have an easy peasy recipe to adapt it from. I finally saw a simple pumpkin pie recipe on a canned pumpkin puree and just rolled with that, but with added less sugar.
Btw, for exact amt of persimmons, it is 15 oz that's needed.