Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

Disaronno Banana Nut Bread

I've been making banana nut breads for a while now and I'm pretty sure I've got my go-to recipe down. However, this time around, I wanted to add Disaronno to it for an almond flavor. Here's what I used:
Dry ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1.5 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Wet ingredients: 3 old bananas~ mashed, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup butter~room temp or melted, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup Disaronno
Optional: 1/2 walnuts, chopped, 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Set aside.
3. Mash your bananas first, then add the eggs, then the butter and sugar and Disaronno. Mix well.
4. Then add your dry mix in stages to your wet mix until all the dry mix is well incorporated. 
5. Fold in your chopped waltnuts and chocolates if you want.
6. Spray your bread pan with Pam or butter it down, then pour in your bread batter.
7. Bake it in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done.
This is super delicious and perfectly moist with a hint of almond flavor. Perfect. Mm-mmmmm.

No comments: