Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Macaroni Salad

A couple of weeks ago, my dad asked for macaroni salad. I said sure... when I get the ingredients. I finally have them all. It's quite easy to make, just takes a bit of time. Here's what you need:

3 cups uncooked pasta (this time I used mini penne as I tend to change it up)
2 big roma tomatoes (~1 cup)
3 carrot sticks (~ 1 cup)
2 celery stems (~ 1 cup)
1 cup frozen peas
3 boiled eggs (~ 1 cup)
1 can of spam
1/2 cup mayo
salt n pepper to taste

1. Boil the pasta first before you chop anything!! That way the pasta will have time to cool off.
2. Then chop up everything!! (If you haven't any boiled eggs, boil them second, then chop everything).
3. Just mix in all your chopped foodies into your pasta, including the spam.
4. Add in the mayo and mix well. You could always add more if you are a mayo lover. I tend to add only a little bit of mayo and then when I serve it, I either mix in more mayo (cuz it looks like it dried out) and/or some ranch or blue cheese dressing for added flavor.
Om nom nom.... I added another dollop of mayo and some black pepper for tasty. Mmmm


Handy to have these:

No comments: