Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Salmon Sashimi

One of the things my hubby got me hooked on when we first met was salmon sashimi. That's right~ before I met him I was an everything well-cooked kinda gal. But man oh man, sushi and sashimi can be pretty expensive. Then we found a cheapER yet still satisfying and delicious way of fulfilling our salmon sashimi needs. Buy a regular ole salmon fillet and just make sure it's as fresh as possible... in other words, it doesn't look old.
Here's a picture of our fillet of salmon that I just had to have to fill a craving. :o)

First you need to skin it then place it in a deep dish.

Then add rice wine to cover the fish and let it soak for a good 3-5 minutes.

Dad's munchie portion... he doesn't eat that much raw meats...

My hubby's and my lunch portion. Served with soy sauce and wasabi. It was oh-so-yummy!!! And no terrible consequences afterwards if you know what I mean. Although, if it'll ease your conscience, you could always drink some kind of alcohol with this meal.
om nom nom nom :D



Handy to have something similar to this to slice your fish:

No comments: