Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Meatloaf!

This is a version of Good Eats Meatloaf from Alton Brown.
Everything is pretty much the same with a few substitutions....
1) Instead of 6oz of garlic-flavored croutons, I decided to make a sweet-ish meatloaf and used 6oz of stale kashi cereal (original).
2) In place of 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, I added more of the chili powder.
3) In place of 3 whole cloves of garlic, I used 2 tsp of garlic powder.
4) In place of the ground meats, I used 28oz of ground beef and 4oz of bacon, chopped into bits. (Yes, I know I'm short 2oz of meat....)
5) And since I added bacon, I reduced the salt to 1/2 tsp.

Other than that, just follow the recipe as stated and it will be super delicious and moist. While the flavor was awesome, my meatloaf was crumbly. Next time, I would use a really large egg or two regular ones.

And since only 1/2 a bell pepper and 1/2 an onion was called for the meatloaf, I stirfried the remaining and called them veggies! :) We also bought sausages, but those are for another post.


Nom-nom-nom-nom, that's one hella great yummy eats!





No comments: