Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Faux brownie Try #1

Remember when I made that batch of fudge brownies for my dad cuz it was his birthday? Well, sadly, my husband to be missed out on that due to his keto diet. I felt kinda sad for him so I thought I'd surprise him with something similar! And out came the keto-friendly faux brownie. I call it faux because it just doesn't quite look like a real brownie and upon tasting, doesn't quite have the texture of a real brownie.

For this batch of brownies, I used 3 eggs, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 4 oz cream cheese, 3 tbs splenda, 1-1/2 tbs cocoa powder (hershey's special dark chocolate), 6 tbs coconut flour (packed), and 1/4 cup of water.

I placed the eggs and salt in a food processor (cuz I don't have one of those mixers yet: Cuisinart 5.5-Quart Stand Mixer SM-55 - Brushed Chrome (Google Affiliate Ad)) and mix til the eggs are scrambled. Then I added the butter and cream cheese in chunks and mixed again. Added the splenda and cocoa powder and mixed again. Then added the coconut flour and mix. And lastly added the water and mixed one last time.

I poured the batter in a small pyrex bakeware lined with parchment paper. Then placed in preheated oven of 350 degrees F and left to bake for about 40 minutes or until done.

This makes 6 pieces at no more than 4 grams of net carbs a piece. It was hubby approved since this was the closest he's come to chocolates.

But I still need to perfect this....

No comments: